Prince2: Project Manager
Below are some of the qualities that maybe looked for when hiring a Project Manager.
- Energetic, passionate and driven.
- Delivery focused and not easily distracted.
- Proven ability to work independently and with initiative to tight deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills.
- High-level of creativity, adaptability and persistence to find the best solutions.
- The ability to plan, organise, schedule and co-ordinate multiple tasks to achieve objectives.
- Risk taker.
- A need to develop self-and others.
- Supplier management.
- Knowledge of outsourced and offshore operations.
- Good people skills, able to develop and mentor staff.
- Good influencing skills.
- Understanding of project management methods such as PRINCE2™.
- Understanding trade-offs between time, cost, quality and scope.
- Ability to produce and review business cases.
- Sound knowledge of project planning.
- Good knowledge of risk and issue management.
- Good knowledge of change management techniques.
- Ability to establish quality management systems.
- Ability to manage resources.
- Sound knowledge of budgeting and cost control.
- Good knowledge of IT development methods.
- Understanding of testing methods, processes and tools.
- Knowledge of business analysis and process redesign.
- Ability to develop Service Level Agreements.