Prince2: Configuation Management Strategy
The Configuration Management Strategy is a baselined product that is used to identify how and by whom the projects products will be controlled.
A pre-requisite of effective change control is the establishment of a Configuration Management System.
It answers the following questions
- How and where the project’s products will be stored
- What storage and retrieval security will be put in place
- How changes will be controlled
- Where the responsiblity for configuration will rest.
The source the information
Customer’s quality expectations
- Corporate system if any
- Programme Quality Management Strategy, if any
- The users’s Quality Management System
- The supplier’s Quality Management System etc
This document will contain.
- Configuration management procedure
- Issue and change control procedures
- Tools and techniques
- The format of reports will be produced
- Timing of configuration management, issue and change control activities
- Roles and responsibilities
- Scales for priority and severity