Prince2: Communication Management Strategy
The Communication Management Strategy (CMS) is a baselined product created in the Initiating a Project process and its purpose is to document how information will be disseminated to, and received from, all stakeholders in the activity (e.g. project or programme). It identifies the means/medium and frequency of communication between the different parties. It is used to establish and manage on-going communications throughout a programme or project.
Fitness for purpose checklist:
- Has the information given to stakeholders met their requirements?
- Has the information received from stakeholders met the programme/project owner’s requirements?
- Has all the necessary information been disseminated?
- Have the roles and responsibilities of the individuals involved in the communication strategy been understood by them?
- Have these roles been carried out satisfactorily?
Elements to remember
- Highlight Report frequency is stated in the Communication Management Strategy