Prince2: Acceptance Criteria
A definition in measurable terms of what must be done for the project to be acceptable to the client, stakeholders and end-users who will be affected by the project.
Fitness for purpose checklist:
- Are all criteria measurable?
- Is each criterion individually realistic?
- Are the criteria as a group realistic? For example, high quality, early delivery and low cost may have conflicting goals.
- Do the success criteria form a complete list of criteria to define what will constitute an outcome that is acceptable to the customer?
- Suggested content:
- Target dates
- Major functions
- Personnel level required to use/operate a deliverable
- Performance levels
- (Mean/maximum time to repair, mean time between failures)
- Development cost
- Running costs
- Ease of use
Success Criteria are derived from:
- The business case
- Customer’s quality expectations.