ITIL – Service Strategy – Organization Design & Development
Organization Design and Development is about achieving an ongoing shape and structure to the service provider’s organization that enables the service strategy.
- Organizational Development Stages: delivering services through network, direction, delegation, coordination or collaboration depending on the evolutionary state of the organization
- Sourcing Strategy: making informed decisions on service sourcing in terms of internal services, shared services, full service outsourcing, prime consortium or selective outsourcing
- Service Analytics: using technology to help achieve an understanding of the performance of a service through analysis
- Service Interfaces: the mechanisms by which users and other processes interact with each service
- Risk Management: mapping and managing the portfolio of risks underlying a service portfolio.