Deploying and Configuring Reporting Services
SQL Server 2012 Reporting Services is a comprehensive, highly scalable solution that empowers real-time decision making. SQL Server 2012, enabling the creation of operational reports for pixel-perfect printing and browser-based viewing as well as ad-hoc data exploration and visualisation.
NOTE: Reporting Services which cannot be installed on Windows Server 2008 Core
To install a SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) Native Mode Report Server–only instance by using SQL Server Installation Center
setup /q /IAcceptSQLServerLicenseTerms /ACTION=install /FEATURES=SQL,RS,TOOLS /INSTANCENAME=RPTSVR /SQLSYSADMINACCOUNTS="BUILTIN\ADMINISTRATORS" /RSSVCACCOUNT=NetworkService /SQLSVCACCOUNT=NetworkService /AGTSVCACCOUNT=NetworkService /RSSVCSTARTUPTYPE="Manual" /RSINSTALLMODE="DefaultNativeMode"
Using Reporting Services Configuration Manager, which you can launch from the Configuration menu, you can perform the following tasks:
- Configure Reporting Services service account.
- Configure the Web Service URL
- Configure the Report Server Database and database credential.
- Configure the Report Manager URL.
- Configure email settings, including Sender Address, Current SMTP Delivery Method, and SMTP Server.
- Configure the Execution Account.
- Configure Backup And Restore and update Reporting Services encryption keys.
- Configure Scale-out Deployment.