Business Continuity Tips
Below are twelve Business Continuity tips I have gathered.
- Ensure that your strategy align with your primary business processes
- Build your BC Plan around corporate goals, objectives, customer tolerance levels and capabilities; not on RTO, RPO and unrealistic recovery determinants
- Make sure that your business continuity plan is not focused on a single element – business continuity is more than systems continuity
- Quit thinking processes and start thinking effectiveness
- Ensure buy-in from business and systems owners
- Fund your plan
- Be patient with the implementation – one step at a time
- Ensure that it is the achievement of corporate goals, objectives, etc. under conditions of duress, uncertainty and altered work conditions.
- Plan for optionality not rigidity
- Ensure layers of redundancy
- Recognize that worst case scenario is going to be exceeded by the next worst case event
- Test, test and test.